I love this Apple Pudding Cake. It’s soft, moist, and almost pudding-like. Plus it is loaded with tons of apple flavor. YUM!
- 1/3 cup Butter
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1.5 oz Yogurt
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp Flour
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 2 small Apples
- Cream butter until light and fluffy, then whisk in sugar until pale in color.
- Pour molasses in a bowl, beat in 2 eggs. Heat the bowl over low heat to melt. Remove from heat. Add in yogurt and mix well.
- Pour egg mixture into butter mixture in a few additions.
- Combine and sift flour and baking powder. Add into egg mixture. Cut apples into slices or cubes. Toss them with ground cinnamon and cornstarch. Fold in the apples into the batter.
- Bake at 485F for first 15 minutes, then lower temperature to 375F for another 15-20 minutes.
Recipe and Photo: Ada Kwok
Join my free Group. There are a lot of members who exchange their recipes and cooking tips: Click here