- 1 box of refrigerated pie shells, softened as indicated on the box
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 9 cups peeled and thinly sliced apples (9 medium)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- Heat the oven to 450°F. Remove pie shells from packets. Unroll and stack pie shells on top of each other on a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 17×12-inch rectangle. Place crust in 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan, pressing down on corners. Fold in the remaining dough, even around edges of pan. Crimp the edges.
- Combine granulated sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and lemon juice. Stir in apples to coat. Spoon apple mixture into crust-lined pan.
- Bake 33 to 38 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbling. Cool on a wire rack for 45 minutes.
- Stir powdered sugar and milk until well blended. Drizzle over pie. Let icing set before serving, about 30 minutes.