This French toast is honestly the best. Easy to make and fool-proof—you can’t go wrong! Enjoy with syrup or fresh fruit topped with confectioners’ sugar. Perfect for a brunch indulgence.
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 12 slices of bread
- Butter, for cooking and spreading
Join my free Group. There are a lot of members who exchange their recipes and cooking tips: Click here
- Mix together dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
- Beat together eggs, milk and vanilla then add to dry ingredients and combine.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle. Add butter to skillet.
- Dip each slice of bread in egg mixture and transfer to skillet. Cook, flipping once, until egg mixture is set and browned on both sides. Continue adding butter to the skillet, as needed, as you cook more French toast.
- Serve with butter and syrup, or your favorite French toast toppings.
Adapted from Asoftplace