Cookies and gravy were my favourite breakfast foods when I was a child. In fact, they still are! This breakfast casserole was REALLY good and would be perfect for business or brunch. Just add fresh fruit and you have an easy breakfast!
- 10 oz tube of buttermilk cookie dough
- 6 eggs
- 1 pouch of sauce powder (plus the ingredients per pouch to make the sauce)
- 1 pound of sausages, all flavours
- 1 tsp cheese, grated
- 1/2 c milk
- salt and pepper to taste
Join my free Group. There are a lot of members who exchange their recipes and cooking tips: Click here
- Preheat the oven to 350. Take a 13x9-inch saucepan and spray it with cooking spray (or coat it with butter). Cut the cookie dough into 2.5 cm (1-inch) pieces and line the bottom.
- Brown sausage and almond; drain.
- Spread the roasted sausage over the cookie pieces and cover with grated cheese.
- Whisk the eggs and milk with a pinch of salt and pepper and pour over the pan.
- Prepare the sauce according to the instructions and pour over the pan. Cook for 30 to 45 minutes, depending on the oven temperature.
- Cut and serve. It's delicious hot right out of the oven!
For more recipes and photos, please visit: justpanich.com / Phyllis Gesch