With this Blackberry Yogurt Cake recipe you can bake your cake, and eat it too! A super-moist, delectable, and not overly sweet treat that is perfect for dessert or tea-time.
YieldAbout 8 servings
- 1 cup whole milk yogurt, plain
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup caster sugar
- Juice and zest of a lemon
- 2 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 large handfuls of blackberries
Join my free Group. There are a lot of members who exchange their recipes and cooking tips: Click here
- Wash the blackberries.
- Grease a 9" loaf pan and preheat the oven to 375F
- Whisk together the yogurt, sugar, oil, lemon
- Slowly add each egg, while continuing to whisk.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder, while still whisking.
- Pour half the batter into the loaf pan, add half the blackberries
- Pour over the rest of the batter into the pan. Add remaining blackberries and push down each one slightly into the mixture.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes until risen and golden brown. A toothpick should come out clean if poked into the cake.