Here is a healthy recipe for Bombay potatoes, a typical Indian dish. Quick and simple, and oh so yummy!
- 2 tsp. cumin seeds
- 2¾ cubed cups of potatoes
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- 2 tsp. green chili paste
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder, optional
- 1½ tsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crack, add the potatoes, mix well, cover with a lid and cook over medium heat for 10 to 12 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked, stirring occasionally.
- Add the green pepper paste, turmeric powder, lemon juice, salt and coriander, mix well and cook over medium heat for a minute or two, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.