This simple bread and butter pudding is about to be your new favorite dessert.
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 Tablespoons butter or margarine, at room temperature
- 5 slices crust-on white bread
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F / 180 C
- Add cinnamon to sugar in a cup and mix well.
- Set aside.
- Generously spread one side of each piece of bread with butter or margarine.
- Cutting diagonally, slice each in half.
- Arrange triangle slices in the pan, slightly overlapping, with butter-side up and cut edges facing the same direction, making a spiral.
- As you add the bread, sprinkle with sugar, cinnamon, and raisins.
- Put milk in a small bowl, add eggs, and using whisk or fork, mix to blend well.
- Pour milk mixture over bread and raisins in baking pan.
- Set aside for about 15 minutes for bread to absorb liquid.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Serve the pudding while still warm in individual dessert bowls.
- It is eaten plain or with cream poured over it.