Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Pasta, just like you’d expect in New Orleans. Now you can have it at home! Just enough spice and flavor to make this meal memorable.
- 1/2 – 3/4 lb cooked fettuccine
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1 lb stripped, deveined crude enormous shrimp
- 1 TBS in addition to 2 tsp Essence flavoring (formula beneath – I figure you can purchase this, as well.)
- 1/2 smoked turkey frankfurters, cut and quartered (I use Butterball)
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 TBS minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 cup substantial cream
- 1/2 cup ground ParmesanEssence Creole Seasoning
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dark pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
Join my free Group. There are a lot of members who exchange their recipes and cooking tips: Click here
- Heat 1 TBS of olive oil over medium-high heat in a large saute pan. Season the shrimp with 2 teaspoons of the Essence. Place the shrimp in the pan and saute until almost done. Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside. Place the remaining TBS of olive oil in the saute pan and onions and bell peppers. Saute, stirring occasionally, until the onions are translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the sausage and cook another minute.
- Add the garlic to the pan and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken stock to the pan and scrape with a spoon to remove any browned bits that have formed in the bottom of the pan, about 30 seconds.
- Add the thyme, 1 TBS of Essence and 1/2 tsp salt and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream to the pan and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Return the shrimp to the pan and pasta to the pan. Continue to cook the sauce and pasta, stirring occasionally, for about 3-5 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the basil and Parmesan.