This dish has all the flavor and taste of Chicken Cordon Bleu, but in a casserole. As you all can tell, I love One dish and make ahead wonders!
- 2 lbs skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3/4 Cup panko bread crumbs (Love panko, but you can use regular)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 Tbs dry mustard
- 1/2 Tbs dill weed
- 8 ounces swiss cheese, cubed
- 12 ounces ham, cubed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (Healthy Request)
- 1/2 Cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- canola oil for browning
- pepper to taste
- Dip chicken in egg and 1/2 C milk mixture, then toss with bread crumbs, coating well. (Use a slotted spoon, easy to coat the small pieces)
- Brown in canola until golden brown.
- Place chicken in a greased baking dish, toss cheese and ham over the cooked chicken.
- Mix soup with 1 cup of milk, dry mustard, dill and sour cream. Pour over all.
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes, until bubbly.
- No additional bread crumbs on top unless you like, as the chicken will already have the breading on it.
You can make with cooked chicken, just add the panko bread crumbs to the top of the mixture with melted butter!
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of: GroupRecipes.com