Delicious layers of pumpkin, cheesecake and chocolate, nestled in a Biscoff cookie crust, make a rich and dreamy dessert. This chocolate pumpkin mousse pie is perfect for your holiday baking!
- 1 (8.8 ounces) pkg. Biscoff cookies, crushed
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- ½ cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 4 egg yolks (well beaten)
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup well packed light brown sugar
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- salt pinch
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1½ canned pumpkin cups
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spices
- 3 teaspoons unflavoured gelatine
- 6 tablespoons of water
- 1½ cups of cold whipping cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1¼ cups of powdered sugar
- sweet whipped cream and chocolate shavings for the filling
Join my free Group. There are a lot of members who exchange their recipes and cooking tips: Click here
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Butter a 9-inch diameter springform pan with sides of 2¾ inches. Combine cookie crumbs, melted butter and nuts in a medium bowl until crumbs are evenly moistened. Press crumb mixture firmly onto the bottom and sides of the pan. Bake at 325°F for 15 minutes. Cool completely.
- In a medium heavy saucepan, make a dough with egg yolks, flour, sugars and a small amount of milk. In a microwaveable bowl, heat the remaining milk for 1 minute. Slowly add the milk to the egg mixture and, stirring constantly, cook over medium-low heat for 7 to 10 minutes or until thickened (mixture will thicken further as it cools). Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and salt.
- Measure 1 cup of the filling and place it in another bowl. Add chocolate to remaining filling and stir to melt. In the reserved bowl, add the pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice. Pour the chocolate filling into a medium bowl, then press plastic wrap over the surface of both fillings to remove the skin. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes. Soften the gelatin in water for about 5 minutes in a microwave-safe dish.
- In a medium chilled bowl, whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Microwave the gelatin until it dissolves and begins to bubble around the edges, about 30 seconds. In a small bowl, cream the cream cheese and powdered sugar. Stir ? of the dissolved gelatin into each of the 3 filling bowls (about 2½ tablespoons each) and mix well. Stir half of the whipped cream into each of the three filling bowls.
- Spread the chocolate pudding over cooled crust. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes to firm up. Cover with cream cheese filling and place in the freezer for an additional 10 minutes. Cover with the pumpkin layer.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Garnish with sweet whipped cream and chocolate chips before serving.
To make the crust:
To make the filling :