This stuff is amazing.. it’s no wonder they call it Christmas Crack!! I can’t get enough, it’s addictive and is hands down my favorite thing that I’ve made in all the Christmas baking I’ve done this year!!
- 1 Sleeve of Saltine Crackers (approx)
- 1 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 Cup Toffee Baking Bits
- 1/3 Cup Christmas M&M's
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Line a pan with tinfoil sprayed with Pam (or any kind of oil spray) and place crackers, salt side up on the tray - you may have to cut some in half to get them to fill the entire tray properly.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, then add the brown sugar. Bring it to a boil and cook for about 3 minutes whisking constantly. Once the sauce has thickened a bit, pour it over the saltines (spread around with a spatula to coat all the crackers).
- Bake for about 5 minutes until it is bubbling. Take the tray out of the oven and pour chocolate chips evenly over your crackers. Pop back into the oven for about 2 minutes.
- Take the pan out of the oven - the chocolate chips should be very soft. Use a spatula to spread the chocolate around to coat the cracker/brown sugar layers completely.
- Immediately scatter your toffee bits and M&M's over the chocolate layer and place pan into the fridge to set.
- Once the layers have all set and are solid, you can peel the tinfoil off the underside and break the Christmas Crack into pieces.
Recipe and Photo: The Hungry Girls Club