- 1 pkg refrigerated pie crusts, room temprature (2 per pack)
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 c brown sugar, lightly packed
- 4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
Join my free Group. There are a lot of members who exchange their recipes and cooking tips: Click here
- On a flat, lightly floured surface, use a rolling pin to roll your crust dough out until it measures about 1/2 an inch thick.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cinnamon, sugar, butter, and vanilla extract until combined. Spoon into the center of the rolled out dough, and use a rubber spatula to spread the mixture evenly over the entire piece of dough.
- Starting with the side closest to you, roll up the crust dough into a very tight roll. Cut the roll into pieces measuring about 1/2 an inch thick.
- Going back to your lightly floured surface, roll out the pieces of crust dough until they each measure out to about a 1/4 inch-thick round. Place the dough rounds into your pie plate, overlapping if need be, and pressing together to seal.
- Continue step 4 until the entire pie plate is covered. If the dough won't stick, use a tiny bit of water as an acting "glue".
- Trim any excess dough. Either flute or use the tines of a fork to decorate the edges.
- Chill your crust before filling or baking for about half an hour. Bake according to your favorite pie recipe, and enjoy! 🙂