Here’s a good classic stew with rich beef gravy that lets all of the flavors come through. This is the perfect hearty dish for a blustery winter day.
- 2 lbs Stew Beef – cut into 1” cubes
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Tbs Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder (or one fresh clove garlic minced)
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp raw sugar
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp tumeric
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- 4 large carrots – quartered and cut into small pie-shaped pieces
- 3 celery stalks – halved and cut into small pieces
- 2 Tbs corn starch
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix
- Brown meat in the olive oil in a skillet on the stovetop over medium-high heat (2-3 minutes). Place into crockpot
- Add the 2 cups of water and all ingredients to the crockpot. Cook in the crockpot on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- 45 minutes before serving, in a small bowl mix ¼ cup of cold water and 2 tbs of corn starch together and mix until corn starch is dissolved. Once dissolved, add to the crockpot. Add the packet of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix as well.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista