Make your super-crispy pickles with this recipe… and stop paying full price for something so simple to make in your kitchen.
- 1 gallon of cucumber
- 1/3 cup instant chopped onion
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 6 heads of fresh dill
- 1 1/2 pint of water
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup canned salt
Join my free Group. There are a lot of members who exchange their recipes and cooking tips: Click here
- Cut cucumbers into quarters lengthwise; add them to jars sterilized with dill.
- Boil the liquids and seasonings to dissolve the salt, then allow to cool.
- Pour over the gherkins and leave to stand on the counter for three days, shaking or turning them from time to time,
- Refrigerate up to one year.
- Do not try to use regular cucumbers from the grocery store, they are covered with wax and will not be eaten. You can use cucumbers from the brine grocery store, as they are not waxed.