Super duper, cheesy, amazing, mouth watering piece of food art. I’m looking forward to making this Copycat Outback Alice Springs Chicken again!! Just writing this short tidbit has already made me want some!
- 1 c. mayonnaise
- 4 T. sugar
- 4 T. apple cider vinegar
- 6 T. honey
- 2 T. mustard
- 2 T. soy sauce
- 1/3 of the Honey Mustard mixture (1/3 of the total mixture)
- 4 split chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 T. oil
- 2 c. sliced mushrooms
- 2 T. butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- paprika (I eliminated this)
- 12 strips of bacon, fully cooked
- 2 c. cheese (I used Colby Jack)
- Mix all the ingredients together and refrigerate for AT LEAST 1 hour.
- Marinate your chicken in your 1/3 mixture of honey mustard for at least 2 hours (overnight is recommended).
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Also heat your oil up in a skillet and sear each chicken breast for about 4 minutes per side until they look golden.
- Move each piece of chicken over to an oven safe dish and smother it with honey mustard. At least a tablespoon per piece. Salt and pepper the breasts.
- Back in your empty skillet, add butter and start sauteing your mushrooms.
- Layer your mushrooms and precooked bacon strips on top of the chicken.
- Add about 1/2 c of cheese to each chicken breast. If you used smaller pieces of chicken, just spread your 2 cups around evenly.
- Cover your oven safe dish with foil and bake for 7-10 minutes to melt the cheese. If you were adding the paprika, this is where you would sprinkle it on.
- Serve with a GENEROUS amount of honey mustard. Trust me, you’ll use it. In fact, you’ll wish you made a double batch.
Recipe and Photo: Steph Makes Stuff