This tasty, cheesy, crazy good chili mac is so good your belly will say oh thank you, thank you (so will your family!). This one-pan meal is ready in under an hour, and there’s almost no cleanup.
- 1 1/2 t. canola oil
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1 T. chili powder
- 2 t. ground cumin
- 1/8 – 1/4 t. cayenne pepper (to taste, I used 1/8 t.)
- salt & pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 T. brown sugar
- 1 (15 oz. can of tomato sauce)
- 2 c. water
- 8 oz. whole grain macaroni
- 2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
Join my free Group. There are a lot of members who exchange their recipes and cooking tips: Click here
- Heat the oil in a large (12 inch) nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef, onion, chili powder, cumin, cayenne and 1/2 t. salt. Cook, breaking up meat into small pieces, until it looses all the pink color, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds or so.
- Add brown sugar, tomato sauce, water and macaroni. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook, stirring often and adjusting the heat so that it maintains a lively simmer (somewhere between medium/medium-high heat), until the macaroni is tender, about 10 minutes or so. Season with salt & pepper if needed.
- Off heat, stir in half the cheese. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.