Shrimp and Andouille? Hmmm. Screams Creamy Cajun Rigatoni with Shrimp and Andouille to me! How about you? Oh, and if you like it super spicy, top with a dash of cayenne. Yummo!
- 1/2 to 3/4 bag of rigatoni pasta (or your preferred pasta) cooked as directed
- 1/2 lb Shrimp (41-50 count)
- 1 or two andouille (sliced on bias)
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 large Roma Tomato, diced
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 small can of drained, mushrooms
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup milk
- 3 Tbsps butter (olive oil for more heart healthy)
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 3 Tbsps Cajun Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 pepper
Join my free Group. There are a lot of members who exchange their recipes and cooking tips: Click here
- Place shrimp in bowl and season with 1 tablespoon Cajun Seasoning. Toss till coated and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté andouille in butter or olive oil until cooked, then add shrimp. Cook a few mins on each side (till pink), then remove shrimp and andouille. Shell shrimp while continuing to cook cream sauce.
- In the same pan, sauté onion, green pepper, mushrooms and garlic. Cook for about 2-3 mins, then add diced tomato and sprinkle remainder of Cajun seasoning over veggies. Mix and continue cooking on medium heat. Add flour and stir. Whisk in milk and stir till thick and mixture comes to simmer. Add parmesan cheese and stir. Add half and half, as well as sausage and shrimp to milk/roux mixture. Bring back up to simmer and immediately turn off.
- Pour sauce over cooked and well drained rigatoni or linguine and toss. Top with more Parmesan cheese and serve with salad or garlic bread.