This crockpot breakfast casserole recipe is perfect for holidays or when you have guests or just to make a Sunday morning easier.
- 1 bag 26 oz. frozen hash browns
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 16 oz. roll sausage (maple, sage or regular sausage)
- Salt and pepper
- 16 oz. bag shredded cheddar cheese
- Spray crock pot and evenly spread hash browns at the bottom.
- Crack 12 eggs in a large bowl.
- Mix well (and slowly) using a whisk.
- Add the milk.
- Go ahead and sprinkle in the ground mustard. This might sound like a weird ingredient, but I've come to love (and use) this in most of my recipes.
- Add plenty of salt pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- Cook the sausage on high heat, drain and set aside.
- Add sausage on top of hash browns.
- Is this enough cheese? Maybe? Probably. Throw the whole big bag in there.
- Mix it up well. Or good, depending on where you're from.
- Pour the egg mixture over everything in the crock pot. Using a wood spoon, even everything out so it's spread evenly.
- Turn the crock pot on low for 6-8 hours.
Calories per serving: 344 mcal
Fat per serving: 27g
Saturated fat per serving: 12g
Carbs per serving: 3g
Protein per serving: 21g
Sugar per serving: 2g
Sodium per serving: 621mg
Trans fat per serving: 1g
Cholesterol per serving: 227mg