Warm (and easy) hot cross buns for breakfast? Absolutely! Our secret? Use refrigerated buttermilk biscuits to cut down on prep. Raisins, cinnamon sugar, and homemade icing seal the deal.
- 1 package refrigerated buttermilk biscuits 8 count
- 1 tsp McCormick® Cinnamon Ground
- 1 tsp packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins divided
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 5 tbsp confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tsp water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Gently stretch each biscuit into a 4-inch circle. Mix cinnamon and brown sugar in a small bowl. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon mixture and 1 tablespoon raisins over half of each biscuit. Fold over plain biscuit half onto raisin half. Fold again, pinching edges to seal. Gently shape into a ball. Repeat with remaining biscuits. Place buns in lightly greased 9-inch cake pan, evenly spacing them apart. Brush bun tops with beaten egg.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove buns onto cooling rack; cool completely.
- Mix confectioners’ sugar and water in a small bowl. Spoon into the small resealable plastic bag. Cut a small piece from one of the bottom corners of the bag. Close bag tightly then pipe the shape of an X on top of each bun.
Recipe courtesy and reprinted with permission of McCormick.com