Warm (and easy) buns for breakfast? Absolutely! Our secret? Use refrigerated buttermilk biscuits to reduce preparation. Raisins, cinnamon sugar and homemade icing seal the deal.
- 1 package of refrigerated buttermilk biscuits 8 pieces
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar in a sachet
- 1/2 cup raisins, divided
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 5 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon of water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Gently stretch each cookie into a 4-inch circle. Mix the cinnamon and brown sugar in a small bowl. Sprinkle half of each cookie with 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon mixture and one tablespoon raisins. Fold half of the regular cookie over half of the grapes. Fold again, pinching the edges to seal. Gently form a ball. Repeat with the remaining cookies. Place the rolls in a lightly greased 9-inch cake pan, spacing them evenly. Brush the tops of the buns with a beaten egg.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until buns is golden brown. Remove muffins to cooling rack; cool completely.
- Combine icing sugar and water in a small bowl. Spoon into a small resealable plastic bag. Cut a small piece from one of the bottom corners of the pack. Close the bag tightly and place an X on each bun.
Recipe courtesy and reprinted with permission of McCormick.com