I love this recipe for French toast in the oven because it’s so easy, so economical… and so delicious! The best part is that it’s made the day before, so there’s no problem the day you eat it…perfect for a Sunday afternoon or brunch.
- 1/2 cup melted butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 Texas toast
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar for sprinkling
- Melt the butter in the microwave and add the brown sugar...stir until the mixture is homogeneous.
- Pour the butter/sugar mixture into the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan...spread around
- Beat the eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Place a single layer of Texas Toast in the pan.
- Place half of the egg mixture on top of the bread layer. Add the second layer of Texas Toast. Spoon the remaining egg mixture on top of the bread layer.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes (covered for the first 30 minutes)
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve with hot maple syrup.
Recipe and Photo: Rach’s Blog