We had this Fresh Mozzarella and Balsamic Chicken the other night, and it ended up being SO INSANELY DELICIOUS. It was really easy and is absolutely a new house favorite.
- 1 lb of boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 fresh tomato, sliced
- 1 ball of fresh mozzarella (I bought it in the little cheese counter / section of my grocery store)
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar (I didn’t actually measure, this is approximate. I would just eyeball it – you don’t want to use TOO much but you don’t want to use too little, either)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of dried parsley
- 2 1/2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon of water
Join my free Group. There are a lot of members who exchange their recipes and cooking tips: Click here
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a 8×8 casserole dish and set aside.
- Combine the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, pepper, onion powder, and breadcrumbs in a bowl. Dip each piece of chicken in the egg / water mixture, then dip each piece of chicken in the seasoning mixture and be sure to coat each breast well.
- Place chicken in the casserole dish you set aside. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and turn the oven to broil. Remove the chicken and put on a piece of tin foil. Top the chicken with the sliced tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and balsamic vinegar.
- Place back in the oven for an additional 3-5 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and then sprinkle with the basil and parsley.