I am so excited about this post because these are THE BEST Chicken Enchiladas ever. They are so easy to make, only a handful of ingredients. The kids LOVED them, they aren’t spicy they are just right.
- 3 large or 4 medium chicken breasts
- 1 pkg of at least 10 big tortillas (Normal Quesadilla size not jumbo not small)
- 1 can of green Chile enchilada sauce (Hatch was really good from Smith’s)
- 1 small can of diced green chile’s
- 3/4 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin powder
- small handful of chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 pound of Pepper Jack Cheese shredded
Join my free Group. There are a lot of members who exchange their recipes and cooking tips: Click here
- Cook and shred your chicken.
- Season them and boil until just cooked through.
- Shred with two forks and let cool.
- Put shredded chicken in large bowl and add 1/2 cup of enchiladas sauce (save the rest), small handful of cheese, 1/2 can of green chile's, 3/4 cup of sour cream, 1/2 tsp of cumin, a handful of chopped cilantro and salt and pepper to taste.
- Roll the chicken mixture into the tortillas and place in a greased casserole dish.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce on top and spread evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees and add the rest of the cheese on top for the last 5 minutes.
- I served with a side a sour cream.