There Is Buffalo Chicken & Then There Is Buffalo Chicken Stuffed With Cheese….
For all you buffalo chicken lovers out there…this one’s for you. This buffalo chicken is spicy and cheesy, which is an absolutely savory combination. At first glance, this looks like a grilled cheese, but it’s even better. It’s grilled cheese but where the bread is actually chicken. Now, what do you think of that?
It’s even a quick dinner because it only takes about half an hour to make and it’s capable of making enough for 4 servings. Perfect for those nights when you’ve had a busy day and just need something to eat before bed.
If you don’t have celery salt, any kind of salt mixture will work to add a salty flavoring. If you want your chicken to be really spicy we recommend you add a little more than what is required from this recipe. If you want it less spicy then don’t add the full 1/4 cup of hot sauce.
Let’s Get Started…
- 1 lbs. boneless chicken breast
- black pepper
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
- 1 tsp. butter
- ¼ cup Franks Hot Sauce
- ¼ tsp. celery salt
- Preheat grill to medium-low heat
- Cut your chicken horizontally but not all the way through. Sprinkle the inside of the chicken with pepper. Evenly top the chicken with cheese and fold over the chicken to close it.
- In a microwave-safe bowl melt the butter for 8 seconds. Stir in hot sauce and celery salt.
- Brush one side of the chicken with hot sauce mixture and place the hot sauce size down on the grill. Brush more hot sauce over top of chicken. Cook for about 7 minutes. Flip the chicken and brush on remaining hot sauce and cook until no longer pink; about 5 minutes more.
After you make this, once you are excited to make it again and again, you may even ditch the grilled cheese for a while. Enjoy this spicy and cheesy dinner with a side of vegetables or even a salad.
Calories per serving: 161, Fat: 4, Cholesterol: 70, Sodium: 1157, Potassium: 75, Carbs: 0, Fiber: 0, Sugar: 0, Protein: 28