There’s buffalo chicken, and then there’s buffalo chicken stuffed with cheese …
For all buffalo chicken lovers… this one’s for you. This buffalo chicken is spicy and cheesy, which is a tasty combination. At first glance, it looks like a grilled cheese, but it’s even better. It’s grilled cheese, but where the bread is chicken. What do you think of that?
It’s even a quick dinner because it only takes half an hour to prepare, and it can make enough for four servings. It’s perfect for those nights when you’ve had a busy day and just need to eat before bed.
If you don’t have celery salt, and salt mix can add a salty flavor. If you want your chicken to be spicy, we recommend adding a little more than is required in this recipe. If you want it to be less spicy, do not add the entire 1/4 cup of hot sauce.
Let’s get started…
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast
- black pepper
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
- 1 teaspoon butter
- ¼ Franks Hot Sauce cup
- ¼ tsp. celery salt
- Preheat grill to medium-low heat.
- Cut your chicken horizontally, but not completely. Sprinkle the inside of the chicken with pepper. Cover the chicken evenly with cheese and fold the chicken over to close.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter for 8 seconds. Stir in hot sauce and celery salt.
- Brush one side of the chicken with the hot sauce mixture and place the size of the hot sauce on the grill. Brush chicken with hot sauce. Cook for about 7 minutes. Turn the chicken over and brush the remaining hot sauce on top and cook until no longer pink, about 5 minutes longer.
After you make this, once you are excited to make it again and again, you may even ditch the grilled cheese for a while. Enjoy this spicy and cheesy dinner with a side of vegetables or even a salad.
Calories per serving: 161, Fat: 4, Cholesterol: 70, Sodium: 1157, Potassium: 75, Carbs: 0, Fiber: 0, Sugar: 0, Protein: 28