- 1½ cups milk plus additional if needed for thinning
- 3 eggs
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2½ tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1 tablespoon snipped basil
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- 2 cups diced cooked ham
- 1 cup diced fresh or frozen asparagus
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup shredded Swiss cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine milk, eggs, flour, salt, and butter in blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- Stir in green onions, basil, and chives; let rest ½ hour.
- Test batter for thickness; thin with additional milk if necessary.
- Batter should make a thin crêpe.
- Heat 8-inch skillet and brush with vegetable oil.
- Pour ¼ cup of well-stirred batter into pan.
- Tilt pan so batter covers bottom completely.
- Cook until golden brown on underside.
- Loosen edge, turn, and cook until lightly browned on other side.
- Remove from skillet and cool on wire rack; stack with a piece of wax paper between each crêpe until ready for filling.
- This makes 16 to 18 crêpes twelve are used for this recipe.
- Cook ham and asparagus in 1 tablespoon butter in large skillet over medium-high heat until asparagus is tender crisp.
- Remove ham and asparagus mixture; set aside.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in same skillet; stir in cream, cheese, and pepper.
- Add rice and reserved ham and asparagus mixture.
- Fill crêpes by placing ? cup filling in along center of crêpe.
- Fold one edge over filling; fold opposite edge over this.
- Arrange crêpes, seam side down in two ungreased 13×9-inch baking dishes.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan; stir in flour and bouillon granules.
- Add milk and ¾ cup water; cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens.
- Add cheeses and stir until smooth.
- Pour sauce over crêpes before serving.