Here’s a great recipe for your leftover holiday ham or just grab a ham steak for something different for a quick dinner!
- 1 1/2 cups ham, diced *
- 8 ounces rigatoni, (OR other short tubed-shaped pasta)
- 1 2 1/2-oz package white sauce mix, OR country-gravy mix
- 2 cups Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 10-oz package frozen spinach, thawed and roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, (optional)
- Cook rigatoni according to package directions; set aside.
- Prepare white sauce or country gravy mix; stir in ham, cheese, mustard, spinach and hot pepper sauce. Pour over pasta, toss gently to blend well.
- Pour into shallow 2-quart casserole; cover and bake in 350 degrees F. oven for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes more.
Prepare casserole; cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. Add 10 minutes to initial baking time.
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Pork be Inspired