Healthy cookies. Sounds like an oxymoron, doesn’t it? Can I share a secret with you? These cookies have no oil, flour, eggs, or added sugar. Gasp!
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed...
- 1/3 C. Reduced fat peanut butter
- 2/3 C. Unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of ground cloves
- A little nutmeg
- 1 1/2 C. Quick or old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 C. Walnuts (I used dry unsalted peanuts.)
- 1/4 C. Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 C. Unsweetened grated reduced-fat coconut (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. and cover a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer bowl, combine the 2 bananas, 1/3 C. peanut butter, 2/3 C. applesauce, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, a pinch of cloves and a pinch of nutmeg.
- Add 1 1/2 tsp. oats, 1/4 tsp. peanuts, 1/4 tsp. chocolate chips and 1/4 tsp. grated coconut; stir until well blended.
- Place 2 tablespoons of the cookie mixture on prepared baking sheet, leaving one or two inches between each and flattening slightly.
- Note: I have placed a few extra chocolate chips on each cookie.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the edges begin to brown.
- Let cool slightly and enjoy!
For instructions please visit: TheSkinnyFork.com