This has been our go to Holiday ham as long as I can remember and this is what everyone expects when they come over, no if and or buts about it!!
- 1-20 ounce can sliced pineapples (I use Dole in the blue can)
- 1-10 ounce or small jar Maraschino cherries
- 1 cup light brown sugar-packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- A pinch or 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 stick of butter or margarine-melted
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice (juice from the can of rings)
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Add brown sugar, cinnamon, ground cloves and pineapple juice and let simmer not even 5 minutes, just until the mixture begins to thicken. Remove from heat.
- Stick a toothpick in the cherry and lay pineapple ring around as many as you want to make beautiful, just drizzle glaze all over the top to soak in the pineapple. Cover with foil and place in pre-heated oven.
- Calculate cooking time.(Your ham should have it’s own instructions) It’s about 15 minutes per pound, so for example; if you have a 20 pound ham, the cooking time would be 15 minutes for each pound, which would be 4 pounds per hour, which would = 5 hours cooking time
- Remove foil 30 minutes before time to take out and give it 15 minutes of resting time before carving.