The best thing is to know exactly what is in these little chicken candies and to know that there are no preservatives or mysterious ingredients.
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1½ teaspoon of salt
- ¾ teaspoon parsley flakes
- ¾ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ (heaping) teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ (heaping) teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1½ cups of flour
- 1½ teaspoons of salt
- 2 cups canola oil
- Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed skillet or saucepan over medium-high heat. Insert a candy thermometer.
- While the oil is heating, cut the chicken breasts into cubes and place them in a food processor. Process the chicken into a thin paste. Transfer the processed chicken to a bowl. Mix salt, parsley, oregano, onion powder and pepper and sprinkle over the chicken. Mix well.
- Whisk the eggs in a small bowl. Mix the flour and salt and put them on a plate.
- Measure the chicken dough with a biscuit spoon and roll into 42 balls.
- Roll the balls in the flour, then coat them with an egg and then again in the flour. Use your fingers to press the ball down to make a nugget.
- When the oil reaches 350-365 F, place as many nuggets as possible in the oil and fry until the bottom is golden brown, turn over and fry until the other side is golden brown, about 4-5 minutes per side. Place them on a plate covered with a towel (to catch the excess oil).