I just tried this Honey Orange Chicken recipe and it was wonderful. I love the honey-ginger-orange juice combination. I would definitely try this again.
- 4 Boneless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 2 tablespoons Frozen OJ concentrate
- 1 teaspoon Orange zest
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Red pepper, crushed
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
Join my free Group. There are a lot of members who exchange their recipes and cooking tips: Click here
- Combine 1/2 cup water, honey, OJ, orange zest, ginger, salt and pepper flakes in a small sauce pan. Simmer over low heat.
- In skillet, heat oil and margarine. lightly coat chicken breast with salt and pepper
- Add breasts and cook 4 minutes, turn and cook another 4 minutes. Place cooked chicken over paper towels to help remove excess oil.
- Dissolve cornstarch in remaining 1/2 cup water. Pour on honey mixture and stir until the sauce thickens. Add cooked chicken breasts to the sauce.
- Coat both sides of chicken with honey mixture. Turn off heat and serve.
- Serve with sauce spooned over breasts and some sliced oranges.