Watch how to make a quick-and-easy stir-fry shrimp dinner. Fast enough for weeknight dinners, this Szechwan shrimp recipe is impressive enough to serve to company. You can make this as spicy as you like, just adjust the amount of crushed red peppers.
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 ounces cooked shrimp, tails removed
- In a bowl, stir together water, ketchup, soy sauce, cornstarch, honey, crushed red pepper, and ground ginger. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in green onions and garlic; cook 30 seconds. Stir in shrimp, and toss to coat with oil. Stir in sauce. Cook and stir until sauce is bubbly and thickened.
Per Serving: 142 calories; 4.4 g fat; 6.7 g carbohydrates; 18.3 g protein; 164 mg cholesterol; 500 mg sodium.
Recipe adapted from Allrecipes.com