One of our favorite apple recipes comes from an old college friend who lives on the east coast. <3
- 6 apples, any variety, peeled, cored and chopped
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar for dusting
Join my free Group. There are a lot of members who exchange their recipes and cooking tips: Click here
- Heat oven to 350°F. Generously coat a bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Mix 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon and 1/4 cup sugar together in a small bowl to combine. Toss apple chunks with sugar and cinnamon blend. Set aside.
- Whisk flour, salt, and baking powder together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk oil, 1 cup granulated sugar, 1 cup brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, and orange juice until well blended. Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir until fully incorporated into a batter.
- Pour half of batter into bundt pan, top with half of apple mixture. Pour second layer of batter over apples, then top with remaining apples.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 45 minutes. Cake is ready when a cake tester comes out clean from the bottom and middle layer of cake.
- Dust with powdered sugar prior to serving.
Recipe adapted from Smitten Kitchen. / Photo 12tomatoes