This succulent Korean Sizzling Beef recipe is based on bulgogi, a classic Korean dish of sliced beef that’s marinated in soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil and garlic, then grilled.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 large garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- One 2 1/2-pound beef flank steak, cut across the grain into twenty 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 16 scallions
- Vegetable oil, for rubbing
- Steamed rice, for serving
Join my free Group. There are a lot of members who exchange their recipes and cooking tips: Click here
- In a large, shallow dish, combine the soy sauce with the sugar, white wine, chopped garlic, toasted sesame oil, and crushed red pepper, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Add the sliced flank steak and coat thoroughly in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate the steak for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Light a grill or heat a griddle. Rub the scallions all over with vegetable oil and grill them over high heat, turning once, until the scallions are just softened about 2 minutes. Season with salt.
- Working in batches, grill the steak over high heat until the slices are richly browned and medium-rare, about 30 seconds per side. Transfer the steak to a serving platter and serve with the grilled scallions and steamed rice.
Recipe adapted from: FoodandWine.com