This Lemon and Garlic Shrimp Over Asparagus is an easy, quick, and healthy entree that is cooked in one pan and can be on your table in under 25 minutes.
- 8 ounces large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄4 teaspoon old bay seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 lemon, peeled and juiced (reserve the lemon peels)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces fresh asparagus, ends trimmed
- salt and pepper to taste
Join my free Group. There are a lot of members who exchange their recipes and cooking tips: Click here
- Prepare shrimp and pat dry with paper towels. Season the shrimp with Old Bay seasoning and ground black pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- Peel half of a lemon with a vegetable peeler (yellow part only), reserve the peels and juice then lemon in a small bowl. Add olive oil, minced garlic, and red chili flakes. Stir.
- Place a large non-stick skillet with butter over medium heat. Once melted, place asparagus in bottom of the skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Place seasoned shrimp on top of the asparagus, then pour the olive oil mixture over. Sprinkle with lemon peels
- Place cover on skillet, and let cook 12 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!