The best beef cheddar bread you’ll ever make! And you know you can’t go wrong with beef, cheese, and bread.
Yield16 thick slices
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups of hot water
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, freshly grated and unwrapped
- 10 strips of cooked beef, thickly cut, chopped and divided
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine water, yeast, salt and sugar. Let the mixture stand for several minutes.
- Add flour, two cups of cheese, beef and freshly ground black pepper. Stir with a spoon until well blended. The dough will be shaggy. Don't stress if it looks dirty. Eventually, it will come together.
- Cover with a towel and leave to rise in a warm place for an hour.
- After an hour, turn the dough over on a floured board and knead it for a few minutes. It does not have to be completely smooth. Just knead it long enough for it to come together. Divide the dough into two equal halves and place it in standard bread pans.
- Cover the loaves with the remaining cheese and beef. Cover with a towel and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Bake in 400' oven for fifteen minutes. Cover loosely with aluminum foil and reduce heat to 350` and continue baking for an additional 35 minutes. Remove foil and cook for an additional 10 minutes.