A fiery twist on the Creole classic. These Spicy Louisiana Cajun Shrimp are bursting with flavor, especially when served with a bowl of rich and creamy Chipotle Mayonnaise!
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, with tail shell intact
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning - homemade or store bought
- 1/2 tbsp chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 lemon or lime, sliced in wedges for garnish
- Salt and pepper, for seasoning
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 canned chipotles in adobo sauce
- 1 tbsp adobo sauce
- juice from 1/2 lime
Join my free Group. There are a lot of members who exchange their recipes and cooking tips: Click here
- In a large bowl, toss together the shrimp with the olive oil, Cajun seasoning, brown sugar and chopped chipotles in adobo sauce, and mix well to fully coat the shrimp. Cover and refrigerate for 30-60 minutes.
- Baking: Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread out the marinated shrimp onto a foil-lined baking sheet, and season with salt and pepper. Bake until the shrimp curl up and turn pink about 10-15 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature with a garnish of lemon or lime wedges.
- Grilling: Preheat an outdoor grill to medium and barbecue shrimp until they curl up and turn pink.
- Sautéeing: Preheat a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add about 1/2 tablespoon of oil, and once hot add the shrimp, being careful not to overcrowd the pan. Cook about 2 minutes per side.
- Add all of the ingredients in a food processor and blend. Cover and keep refrigerated until ready to use.
Recipe and Photo: Gina’s Favorites