This custard pie is similar to chess pie, but prepared in a wonderfully unique way! It’s not a very sweet dessert. The texture reminds us of flan without the caramel. If you want something sweeter, we’d suggest swapping the milk for heavy cream and the margarine for butter. Also, cinnamon would be delicious sprinkled on top too. Super easy to make, we really liked this custard pie
- 1/4 c margarine
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 c white sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 c milk, 2%
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- Put all ingredients into a blender. Blend for 30 seconds.
- Buttering a pie plate.
- Buttering a 9-inch pie plate.
- Pouring batter into the pie plate.
- Pouring batter into the pie pan.
- Sprinkling with nutmeg.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Pie baking in the oven.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- A slice of Magic Crust Pie on a plate.
- The flour will settle to make its own crust.