If you love cream cheese and mango together with a super light and moist, bakery-like cupcake…then these Mango Cream Cheese Cupcakes are for you!
- 1 box (18.25 oz) yellow butter cake mix
- 1 cup mashed fresh mango
- 3/4 cup buttermilk (in place of the water called for on the box)
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 4 large eggs (in place of the number called for on the box)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 4-6 cups confectioners or powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons half & half
- fresh mango for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Follow the box instructions, putting all the ingredients in a large bowl and using the buttermilk in place of the water specified (the box will call for more water than the amount of buttermilk that you are using), using the amount of canola oil that is called for (usually 1/3 cup), and adding the eggs. Beat with an electric mixer (or in your stand mixer if you prefer) until moistened, about 30 seconds. Increase the speed to high and beat until think, 2 minutes longer.
- Fill each muffin cup two-thirds full. Bake in the preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove the cupcakes from the baking pans, place on a wire rack and allow to cool completely. Frost with cream cheese frosting (recipe follows) and garnish with a piece of dried mango.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the softened butter and cream cheese together until fluffy; and beat until fully incorporated.
- Slowly add confectioners or powdered sugar into the bowl, 1/2 cup at a time and beating after each addition. Continue adding the sugar until you have a thick frosting of your preferred consistency. Garnish with a piece of mango
Photo: Cute Simple Stuff