Enjoy your own Tex-Mex feast at home with this super-easy recipe for Margarita Steak Fajitas! Tequila and fresh lime juice are part of a marinade that gives these steak fajitas their bright flavor.
- 1 lb top sirloin, cut into 1-oz strips
- 1 cup sliced red and yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced onions
- 4-8 flour tortillas (9-in diameter)
- 1/2 cup Guacamole
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1 Tbsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp cane sugar
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Join my free Group. There are a lot of members who exchange their recipes and cooking tips: Click here
- In a shallow glass baking dish, combine marinade ingredients and mix well.
- Cover steak strips with marinade, turning to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Prepare hot coals for grilling or preheat broiler.
- Lift strips from marinade and grill or broil for 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- While steak is cooking, lightly spray a medium sauté pan with cooking spray. Over medium heat, sauté bell pepper strips and onions until just tender. Keep warm.
- Divide cooked steak strips into 4 servings and serve with tortillas, bell pepper, onion, guacamole, salsa and sour cream.