This recipe is anything but regular old meatloaf! Everyone will love this moist version made in the slow cooker, with milk, mushrooms, and a little sage for extra flavor.
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 and 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients.
- Crumble beef over mixture and mix well (mixture will be moist.)
- Shape into a round loaf; place in a 5-qt.
- slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, whisk the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Spoon over the meat loaf. Cook 15 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Let stand for 10-15 minutes before cutting.