This is a delicious Mexican Ground Beef Casserole recipe with only 6.5 weight watcher points per LARGE serving! YUM
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef (drained or rinsed!)
- 12 cup onion (chopped)
- 14 cup canned jalapeno slices, chopped
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes, chopped or 1 (15 ounce) can diced canned tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can kernel corn (drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 (1 14 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 8 corn tortillas
- 13 cup reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 13 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped, to taste (or less (or more))
Join my free Group. There are a lot of members who exchange their recipes and cooking tips: Click here
- Heat oven to 375 degrees . Coat 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add peppers, ground beef and onion; cook, stirring to break up clumps of beef, until the peppers are soft and beef is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Drain off any excess fat from skillet. Add remaining ingredients.
- Place 2-3 tortillas then half the meat mixture, and 1 of the cheese. Repeat tortilla, meat and cheese layers.
- Top with final layer of tortillas, the remaining sauce and the remaining cheese. Sprinkle the remaining Mexican cheese blend over the top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: Recipe.com