This Mississippi Mud Cake recipe is so EASY to make that it is sure to impress all your guests at your next social event or party!
- 1 cup melted butter (or 1 stick of butter and 1 stick of margarine)
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 bag of miniature marshmallows (10.5 ounces)
- 1 packet powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon milk
- 1/4 tbsp. softened butter
- 1/3 c. unsweetened cocoa
- Preheat the oven to 350° degrees
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter and the next 5 ingredients.
- Stir in flour and chopped pecans.
- Spread the dough (it will be thick) in a greased and floured 15 x 10-inch jelly pan (or use a deep dish cookie sheet).
- Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Note: Reduce the temperature by 25 degrees if using a dark baking pan.
- Remove from oven; cover hot cake evenly with marshmallows.
- Return to oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- Prepare the chocolate frosting: Beat all ingredients together with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate icing over the hot cake.
- Let the cake cool completely before cutting into squares!
Recipe and Photo: FoodgaZm