This Mississippi Mud Cake recipe is so EASY to make, and it will surely WOW all of your guests at your next social event or party!
- 1 cup of melted butter (or 1 stick of butter and 1 stick of margarine)
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 (10.5-ounce) bag miniature marshmallows
- 1 (16 oz) package powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1/4 c. butter softened
- 1/3 c. unsweetened cocoa
Ingredients for the cake:
Ingredients for the chocolate frosting:
Join my free Group. There are a lot of members who exchange their recipes and cooking tips: Click here
- Pre-heat oven to 350° degrees
- Whisk together melted butter and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir in flour and chopped pecans.
- Spread batter (it will be thick) into a greased and floured 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan (or use a deep dish cookie sheet).
- Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Note: Reduce the temperature by 25 degrees if you are using a dark pan.
- Remove from oven; top warm cake evenly with marshmallows.
- Return to oven, and bake 5 minutes.
- Make Chocolate Frosting: Beat all ingredients together with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Drizzle Chocolate Frosting over warm cake.
- Let the cake cool completely before cutting into squares!
Recipe and Photo: FoodgaZm