Celebrate fall with these Must-Try Apple and Flax Seed Muffins, which are perfect for all of those busy weekday mornings.
- 1 and 1/4 cup milled flax seed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar or sweetener
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup liquid (syrup or water)
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1 medium apple, chopped fairly finely
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 12-muffin tin very well.
- Mix the dry ingredients together, then add the rest of them.
- Let batter stand 10 minutes, then put into the muffin pan and bake for about 18 minutes until toothpick comes out clean and muffins just barely start to pull away from the sides of the tin.
Recipe and Photo:http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/