- 1 whole egg
- 3 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 apples, cored and sliced into matchsticks
- Oil for deep frying
- Confectioner’s sugar for dusting
Join my free Group. There are a lot of members who exchange their recipes and cooking tips: Click here
- Separate egg and mix yolk with 2 tablespoons sugar. Stir in milk, vanilla and dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Leave batter mixture to rest in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Whisk egg white to form soft peaks. Gradually whisk in remaining sugar. Gently fold egg whites and apples into batter.
- Heat deep frying oil to a high heat (340°F). Spoon small scoops of batter carefully into oil. Cook until golden on each side. Lift out and place on paper towels to drain. Dust with confectioner’s sugar and serve immediately.