This recipe for Ribeye in the oven produces a very tender, moist, juicy, and full-flavored steak. It is so good that I would even dare to say that it can compete with a grilled ribeye steak.
- 3 ribs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt for the initial seasoning of the steaks, 1/2 tablespoon for the spice mixture, plus for the mushrooms, plus 1 teaspoon for the cream sauce
- 2 teaspoons black pepper, plus for mushrooms, plus 1 teaspoon cream sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- Whole mushrooms, as many as you want to serve
- Olive oil, to baste the mushrooms
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
Join my free Group. There are a lot of members who exchange their recipes and cooking tips: Click here
- Take the steaks out a few hours before cooking and sprinkle them with about a teaspoon of kosher salt, then wrap them in baking paper. Place them in the fridge for about 2 hours. This will remove excess moisture from the meat.
- Take the steaks out of the fridge and remove the paper. Pat them dry. Mix all the dry spices and 1/2 tablespoon of salt. Sprinkle lightly on each side of the steaks (use only about half of the dry mixture in total). Leave to stand at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, take whole mushrooms, sprinkle them with olive oil, and put them in the toaster oven for these 20 minutes. At the 10th minute, add salt and pepper, just a light sprinkling.
- Heat your oven to 375°F and, in the meantime, heat your cast iron skillet on the stovetop over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the remaining dry seasonings evenly over the steaks. Sear each side of the steaks in the pan for 2 minutes per side. Place the container in the oven. Bake for 2 minutes, then turn off the stove. Let the steaks cook for another 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove the steaks and let them rest. While they are resting, take the skillet in which you cooked the steaks and place it on the stovetop over medium heat. Add heavy cream, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and mozzarella. Stir. When everything is incorporated, add the butter and turn off the heat. Stir until the butter has melted.
- Place the steak on a plate and place the mushrooms on top, then garnish with cream sauce. Serve with vegetables.