This stunningly delicious Peanut Butter Pound Cake is a fun pound cake twist that will cause the fans of chocolate and peanut butter in your life love you forever.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 5 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla (original recipe called for 1)
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cups whipping cream or whole milk
Join my free Group. There are a lot of members who exchange their recipes and cooking tips: Click here
- Prepare a large tube pan or bundt pan and preheat the oven to 325 F. Depending on the size of your pan you may have extra batter left over, use this for cupcakes.
- In a large bowl or kitchen aide mixer cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the brown sugar and peanut butter mixing until well combined. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each one. Add in vanilla.
- In another bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Add about 1/3 of the dry ingredients and then about 1/3 of the milk. Continue adding the dry ingredients and the milk alternating until they are both added and well combined.
- Fill the prepared pan about 3/4 full (remember you may have extra batter left over depending on the size of your pan). Bake for 60-90 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool cake for 10 minutes then turn out to finish cooling. When completely cooled frost with frosting and top with chocolate drizzle or shavings.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cups peanut butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tablespoons milk (more or less depending on how thick or thin you want it. I used close to 7 tablespoons to get the consistency I wanted.)
- In a kitchen aide bowl or medium bowl with an electric mixer combine the butter and peanut butter until well mixed. Add in the powdered sugar and milk until the desired consistency is reached.
- **I should have cut the original recipe in half because I ended up with a lot of glaze, but it was tasty and with some additional powdered sugar to thicken it up it tasted great on graham crackers!**
- 1/2 chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Melt together over a double boiler over low heat until well combined. Drizzle over frosted cake.
Recipe Source: A Cook's Quest