The perfect soft-boiled egg should have firm, custard-like whites and a warm, runny yolk.
Some people call them four-minute eggs, some people call them six-minute eggs. And, you have to move quickly if you’re going to snap a pic of its golden goodness.
- Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil with 1 tablespoon of white vinegar.
- Place desired number of eggs into boiling water.
- BOIL EXACTLY FOUR MINUTES!!! (or six, but I went for four) *many readers have told me six works best for them.
- Immediately place into a bowl with ice water.
- Once cool enough to handle, CAREFULLY peel shell.
- Place on top of hash browns, toast, salad…etc.
Adapted from thevillagecook.com