- 1 pound of strips of sirloin (lean) or other thinly sliced beef
- 1 green pepper (large)
- 1 onion (medium)
- 1 egg
- Provolone Sargento Slices, 1 pkg, 8 oz or grated
- Nasoya Egg Roll Wraps (about 8)
- McCormick Grill-Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Olivio butter spray
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
Join my free Group. There are a lot of members who exchange their recipes and cooking tips: Click here
- Dice the green pepper and onion and "sauté" them in a pan with oil/butter over medium heat.
- Cut the Sirlion steak strips into small pieces (about 2.5 cm each) and add them to the pan with the pepper and onion mixture.
- Season generously with McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning.
- Cook over medium heat until steak is cooked through and peppers and onion sauce are tender.
- When cooked through, remove from heat and set aside for 10 minutes to allow the meat to rest.
- Place Nasoya Egg Roll Wraps on parchment paper.
- Beat the egg in a bowl and brush the four edges of each egg roll wrap with egg (this will help seal the egg roll during cooking).
- Add about 2 tablespoons of steak/pepper/onion mixture to the middle of the egg roll wrap and cover with a slice of provolone cheese folded over the top.
- Fold the bottom of the egg roll halfway up to cover the meat mixture (like an envelope) then fold both sides, before folding the top down; add a little more egg (like glue) and fold the top down, closing the egg roll.
- Frying Option: Dip each egg roll in preheated vegetable oil over medium heat (you don't want the oil to get too hot), turning it over until golden brown (about 3-4 minutes each).
- Fryer option: Spray the outside of the egg roll with Olivio Butter Spray and place it in the air fryer at 390 degrees for 12 minutes. Turn halfway if necessary depending on your air fryer.
- Oven option: Lightly spray the outside of the egg roll with Olivio butter spray and place it in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Once fully cooked, allow the egg rolls to cool on paper towel-lined plates before serving. Delicious!
- If you want to dip them, a mixture of mayonnaise and horseradish is perfect!