Poor Man’s Stew, A quick and easy dinner recipe made from scratch and full of great flavor
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 3 sliced meat, raw and chopped
- 3-4 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3-4 small potatoes, peeled and cut into 1" chunks
- 2 15 oz. cans kidney beans, undrained
- 1 15 oz. can whole or chopped tomatoes, undrained
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- salt and pepper to taste
Join my free Group. There are a lot of members who exchange their recipes and cooking tips: Click here
- Brown ground beef, drain fat.
- Add onion and cook until onion is soft.
- Add kidney beans and rinse out can with a little water and add that.
- Add meat (not cooked, just raw), and remaining ingredients Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Let cook with the lid on about 30 minutes or until potatoes and carrots are cooked.
- If too soupy, cook with lid off for an additional 15-20 minutes. If you like a thick stew, you can add about one tbs.
- Flour to 1/4 cup water, stir until there are no lumps and add to the stew to thicken.