Let’s give thanks to eggs, sour cream, cheddar, Parmesan and chives for giving leftover mashed potatoes (Or fresh – if you don’t have any leftovers!) a new lease on life!
No more pushing them to the back of your refrigerator hoping they’ll disappear. This will make you wish for leftovers.
- 3 cups of mashed potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream (optional extra for serving)
- 1 heaping cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives or parsley
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly grease with butter 8 - 9 of the wells of a nonstick muffin pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk the eggs then mix in the sour cream. Stir in both cheeses and the chives. Add potatoes and mix well.
- Spoon them into the pan filling the cups to slightly below the top.
- Bake 25- 35 minutes until they pull away from the sides of the cup and are golden brown. Remove from oven and let them cool 5 minutes in pan. Serve with sour cream if desired