The pumpkin here, pumpkin there, pumpkin everywhere! This is by far the BEST pumpkin caramel recipe I’ve ever tasted.
The first time we’ve ever done pumpkin fudge. A nice change from the chocolate and peanut butter. I doubled the recipe, no problem. Use a candy thermometer to make sure your fudge reaches the softball stage (232 F). I also recommend a whisk to mix the ingredients and stir in the marshmallow pumpkin cream and chocolate.
- 3 cups of sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2/3 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spices
- 9 oz. white chocolate
- 7 oz. stuffed marshmallow
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine sugar, butter, milk, pumpkin, corn syrup, and pumpkin pie spice in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until a candy thermometer reads 234 degrees F (soft-ball stage).
- Remove pan from heat. Stir in white chocolate, plush marshmallow, and vanilla until well blended. Pour into a greased baking pan lined with foil or parchment paper. Let stand 2 hours or until completely cooled. Cut fudge into squares.
Recipe and Photo: Holiday Cottage